“My campaign is not focused on party politics. My goal is to work for the people through clear communication, collaboration, and non-partisanship. I will foster an inviting community which will not only encourage people and businesses to call Albany home, but lift the entire city's morale to new heights.”
- Greg Aidala
Mayoral Candidate - Albany, New York 2021
FIVE main points of Greg's campaign:
1. SAFETY - We will implement clear communication between elected officials, law enforcement, residents and businesses to instill trust within our communities.
2. CLEANLINESS / ABSENTEE LANDLORD ACCOUNTABILITY - We will hold all property owners accountable for the care of their property(ies). We will also expect the same accountability of the renters. Greg's motto: Garbage promotes chaos. Beauty promotes hope.
3. HELP BOLSTER HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION RATE - We will nurture and engage young minds by teaching them the importance of a solid education and community relations. Greg's goal is for city hall to serve as a resource for the Albany City School District, encouraging our youth to contribute to the community post-graduation.
4. INVITE BUSINESSES TO RELOCATE TO ALBANY - We will focus on shaping a friendly and welcoming city for various industries seeking a new home, instilling pride of ownership while increasing jobs and opportunities for current residents. The way to incorporate this is to first achieve the first two points on this list.
5. RAISE MORALE AND IMPLEMENT POSITIVITY - We will nurture pride in our city and ensure a more productive community both in the home and workplace. Morale begets morale.
Greg is an involved, committed and passionate community member of Albany. He began his vocal involvement in January of 2018 when the first murder of that year occurred in front of his family's 78-year-old business, Quail Auto Sales.
When not one elected official showed up to the crime scene to show solidarity to residents and businesses alike, Greg emailed the Mayors office and asked to sit down with officials to discuss the ongoing problems plaguing the West Hill section of Albany.
After three months with no response from the city, Greg produced a passion piece video as a plea to city officials to help neighborhoods with severe blight and crime.
His video garnered much local and national attention. The Albany Times Union wrote a front page piece about it, and Greg was interviewed by both TV channels CBS6 and ABC 10. To this day, Greg is asked regularly to speak on behalf of the West Hill neighborhood and communicate what desperately needs to change.
Greg made the decision to run for Mayor in the summer of 2020, when gun violence was escalating to an all-time high. Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan had stated in print "that many (victims) weren't intended targets, but rather in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person who was being targeted for whatever reason." (Albany Times Union - August 9th, 2020) Greg took that indiffernet statement personally, feeling it was a cheap (and dangerous) attack on not only the safety of his family, but of all residents.
Throughout the summer of 2020, Greg was interviewed more than a dozen times on TV, radio and print in continuing to raise a voice for the West Hill. Greg takes great pride in the community in which his family has invested over the last 78 years, and he looks forward to meeting many more good people throughout his campaign.
Greg has a successful 20-year award-winning career in the entertainment business that he built from the ground up. He's also a professional fundraiser for various charities / foundations located in the 518 and the Northeast. You may recognize him from his numerous appearances on national and local television and radio.
He has committed to put his professional career on pause and give his full attention to Albany and all its residents, regardless of political affiliation or income level. Greg is running as an Independent, and has officially been endorsed by the Independence Party of New York for his 2021 campaign.
Please take the time to navigate around the website and learn more about Greg and his community involvement. Feel free to email with any questions or comments. Our line of communication is always open to the great people of Albany and the entire Capital Region. (*Greg is also available for in-person or Zoom conversations. Please send an email to schedule a day and time.)
Be sure to visit, subscribe and follow Greg on the following social media sites:
Lastly, be kind to one another. We're all in this together.